03 Mar Living healthy with Simply Natural
Are You Eating, Right?
An unhealthy diet is one of the major or leading cause of obesity and diabetes (which could also lead to cancer) and various adverse health effects. Many overweight people tend to turn to surgeries or the use of pills to shed extra weight which could have negative side effects, the best option is to do it simply naturally by eating healthy and exercising regularly. Improving dietary habits as individuals and societies can go a long way in extending our life span and helping us live in good health and shape. Popular recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts, grains and cutting down on salt sugar and fats.
Below is a list of what a healthy diet contains for adults above the age of 18:
- At least 400 g (5 portions) of fruits and vegetables such as (apples, pineapples, cucumber, lettuce and spinach etc.) a day.
- Less than 10% of total energy intake from” free sugars” (such as honey and fruit juices etc.)
- Less than 30% of total energy intake from unsaturated fats (such as avocado, nuts, sunflower, canola and olive oil etc.)
Benefits of a healthy diet
- Dietary fibers from vegetables help in reducing blood cholesterol levels and may lower the risk of heart diseases.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables may reduce the risk of stroke, cancer, heart diseases, obesity, and type 2- diabetes.
- A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat diary (such as Greek yogurt) can help reduce the risk of High blood pressure.
- Eating a healthy diet in the right proportion everyday controls weight and leaves less room for foods that are high in fats and sugar- a leading cause of weight gain.
Commonly used ingredients in our products and their health benefits:
- Apples: They contain a high amount of fiber, vitamin K, potassium, vitamin C and some B vitamins. Studies have shown that the antioxidant present in apples can promote heart health and reduce the risk of type2 diabetes and cancer.
- Pineapples: They are rich in vitamin C and manganese. Its bromelain content fights inflammation and reduces the risk of cancers.
- Watermelon: They contain large amounts of glutathione, beta carotene and lycopene, these antioxidants help strengthen the immune system so it can fight infection.
- Strawberries: they are relatively low in glycemic index and highly rich in vitamin C, manganese, folate and potassium. They also have high antioxidant capacity, which may reduce your risk of chronic disease and eating them helps control your blood sugar levels.
- Orange: a popular fruit which contains a significant amount of in vitamin C and potassium. They are also a good source of B vitamins (such as folate & thiamine)the citric acid present in them may reduce the risk of kidney stones and anemia.
- Grapes: they are rich in nutrients and other plant compounds that can reduce inflammation and lower your risk of disease.
- Blueberries: These are high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and ,manganese. They have a high antioxidant capacity and immune-enhancing properties, which may protect the body from illness.
- Blackberries: they are incredibly packed with minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants and they lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- Tigernut: it is a good source of magnesium, fiber, and vitamins E & A. it also helps protect against Cardiovascular Disease.
- Carrots: This veggie is rich in vitamin A,C,K and B8 as well as pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. It is also a good source of antioxidant agents.
- Cucumber: it keeps you hydrated, aids weight loss, flushes out toxins, nourishes you with vitamins and many more.
- Spinach: has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants that battle immune system invaders, especially when fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled. It is also a rich source of vitamin A, lutein, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, folate, betaine, iron, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorous, zinc, niacin, selenium , opioid peptides and omega – 3 fatty acids.
- Almonds: are a rich source of vitamin E , They are also rich in monounsaturated fat, one of the two “good” fats responsible for lowering LDL cholesterol,1/4 cup serving carries nearly 50% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin E, which helps boost the immune system.
- Flax seeds: they aid weight loss and also promote healthy skin, hair and nails. They contain healthy nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, vitamin B1& B6 , magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, iron, potassium, copper and zinc.
- Chia seeds: They are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium. They also aid weight loss.
- Sunflower seeds: promotes Cardiovascular health, healthy cholesterol levels, supports a healthy mood and it is a potent source of magnesium.
- Nuts: they are highly packed with protein, magnesium, and vitamins E. they also help reduce inflammation.
- Greek yogurt: it is a rich source of protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12
- Coconut milk: highly nutritious in fiber, vitamins C, E,B1,B3,B5, B6 and minerals such as iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous.
What we do how we can help you improve your diet?
We at simply natural provide you with the best services and a healthy and perfect blend of pure fruit and vegetable products such as our yummy signature:
You can also join the healthy train by subscribing to our daily breakfast plan diet which helps keep your mornings delightful and your body in great shape. We also render Food & Fruit catering services (variety of meals served at occasions, but ours are prepared with high level of natural condiments, be it grain, swallow, fruits, vegetables etc.), for events across Nigeria.
Stay Simply Natural.
To learn more and place your order(s) visit www.nsbeautyng.com
To contact us call 07083313107 or 08034881878
What are you waiting for? Join da train people! !